Make your own gummies!
We love our edibles here at New England Canna and Gummy Bears are a staple of the Cannabis Connoisseur Kit. But we also like to try and be healthy (within moderation) so we decided to make our own Gummies, without added sugar and with some fun new flavors that are known to aid in several health issues. We wanted to be able to offer you a delicious alternative that you could decide on how much or how little THC was in each one, allowing you to choose your own dosage.
Being in New England, we decided to start our journey through the world of Gummy Bears, with Cranberries. We used Organic Cranberry juice, not from concentrate in order to reduce the amount of time needed to set the gummy bears. The less water you have in your recipe, the less time it will take to set and the faster you can start to enjoy them. The less water in your recipe also aids in lengthening the time your Cannabis Gummy Bears will stay fresh and not mold.
It took several attempts to get the right consistency for the gummies, without enough Gelatin, the gummies turned out too mushy and were difficult to keep intact when removed from the mold. But, with too much gelatin, they were too hard to chew!
Recipe for Cannabis Gummies
Here is the list of Tools you will need:
1/2 Cup Cranberry Juice, not from concentrate
3 Silicone Gummy Bear Mold
1 Silicone Spatula
2 packages of Knox Gelatin
2 Tea Spoons of Organic Corn Starch
1 Gram of Extractioneering Amber Distillate
1 Table Spoon of Organic Amber Distillate Honey
This recipe creates 150 gummy bears at 15ml of THC Distillate per Gummy Bear. You can add more or less to fit your particular needs. Grabbing a small saucepan is crucial to this recipe. The first few times we tried using a small pot, which prevented us from sprinkling the Knox Gelatin properly across the surface of the juice, which created undesirable lumps in our concoction. Using the Amber Distillate Honey from Extractioneering was also a lot easier than mixing in the distillate on its own, which 2 out of 3 times turned into a sticky hot mess.
1. Bring the Cranberry Juice to a simmer, but, don't let it boil.
2. Add in the 2 packages of Knox Gelatin, by sprinkling it evenly across the small saucepan.
3. Mix with your spatula for at least 1 minute while the pan is still simmering.
4. Once all the Knox Gelatin has dissolved add 1 tablespoon of Amber Distillate Honey and mix until melted fully integrated.
5. Lay your Gummy Bear Molds out next to each other and pour your concoction evenly across the three molds.
6. Use your spatula to spread the concoction evenly into the 150 slots. Make sure to scrape the mold clean to ensure each gummy bear will be separate from the other.
7. Place the molds, carefully, into the refrigerator for 1 hour or into the freezer for 20 minutes.
Please keep in mind that all edibles have a delayed effect sometimes taking more than 30 minutes to start taking effect. Please use this recipe with caution and make sure not ingest all of them at once!