We are a group of makers,
When Christmas comes around, I usually try to make as many gifts as possible to give to our friends and family. This year I am lucky enough to be near my in-laws, who are wonderfully active, despite their age, but occasionally they suffer from joint pain. The frigid Massachusetts winters mixed in with the beach air is considerably damaging. My mother-in-law, has been asking about gummies as well as something she can rub onto joints to help with the inflammation and that’s when I decided to make some cannabis infused body rub.
Body rubs work because cannabinoid receptors are found throughout the human body, including the epidermis, so, when you rub THC or CBD into the skin via a topical, those cannabinoids are able to be absorbed through the skin affecting the area where it’s been applied, without the psychoactive effects that edibles or inhalants produce.
Now, I didn’t want to try and reinvent the wheel and there are so many great companies that already have tried and true methods of making topicals. So I asked around and managed to find a great local company, LIDDIES, who makes their own body rub with great success and were happy to share their recipe with me and you.
Here’s the recipe to make LIDDIES Lavender Body Rub:
Fills Twenty-four 2oz tin jars with aproximetly 70 miligrams of THC per jar.
1. Heat the pot to a low medium heat, you don’t want your mixture to boil or even simmer.
2. We poured the beeswax into a large thick bottomed pot first.
3. Then we broke up the Shea Butter and put that into the same pot
4. We measured the Coco Butter into a Pyrex measuring cup and melted it in the microwave for 90 seconds with a wet paper towel covering the top of the cup. After it melted, we added that to our pot.
5. Then add in the Olive Oil and 2 grams of Distillate from Extractioneering.
6. Once everything is melted and mixed together, let it all cool down for about 5 minutes and add your choice of essential oils.
7. Before it cools too much, add to your tins, careful though, those tins conduct heat and will get just as hot as your oil.
8. Let them cool down for at least 1 hour before use.